10 November 2006

Movie: Friends with Money

I've had Friends with Money in the cue since it was in the theater. I think there is something in this movie for just about everyone. Certainly for all women and the more sensitive men (like my husband, my dad, my sister's husband, my friends' husbands, etc.). The cast alone was enough to intrigue me, even without knowing the premise: Joan Cusack, Frances McDormond, Catherine Keener, and yes, Jennifer Aniston (the only one my husband new by name--you might test your own on this).

The movie was simultaneously funny and thoughtful--a rare combination. If there is a person out there that doesn't enjoy this movie...well...let's just say I'm not inviting them to any of my dinner parties.

It's a 2006 movie and it centers on a group of friends in LA (of course). The friendships were first between the women although I don't think we ever find out how any of them know each other. The friends are at various levels in terms of money, but also in their relationships and their sense of self. More comedy than not, but still, as I said, a thoughtful piece at the same time. I was tempted for a moment to watch it all over again. But then I realized it was already way past my bedtime...

No comments: