Went to see Happy Feet for my (LK's) birthday last week. I like penguins, I like good animation, and I like tap dancing, so that was good. Some of the music was a pop style that we aren't terribly keen on, so we cringed a little here and there, but otherwise, it was really enjoyable. The score was done by John Powell (co-composer of the Chicken Run soundtrack, among other things), and there is this super-cool mass choral thing the emperor penguins do (600 voices in the huddle scene) that I would have loved to hear more of instead.
It is good animation and those little penguins sure can dance. Who knew they had those little knees?
Oh, and the movie definitely is coming down on the large-scale-fishing-operations-are-not-environmentally-sustainable side of that debate. When we went out for dinner afterward, I got tofu.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Way to think of others during your big day.
Noodle soup is pretty good too!
Happy Birthday, LK!
where are the two posts a day?
Well, anon., I've made no promises. I've thought about blogging. Does that count? I have read the blogs of others. I have been having no trouble keeping busy. Worked a little over the weekend. Have done a little sketching. Went to a string quartet performance. Last night went out for a lovely dinner with a girlfriend and Naveen Andrews was sitting at a table over .(I didn't know who he was exactly, but I was pretty sure he was an actor. I finally asked my dinner companion and when she glanced over she fairly squealed with delight...!) I thought about blogging that, but that is sooo Gawker-esque, I just couldn't stand it.
P.S. And I've listened to about 20 combined hours of podcasts in the last five days...
Post a Comment