03 May 2009

Dressing for the occassion

We just completed our annual fundraising event for the Hawaii Vocal Arts Ensemble, Crescendo! I was in charge of the silent auction--it went well, but it's an adventure I will avoid in the future. The entire event raised over $20,000 which is fabulous. This allows us to put off doing the event again until fall of 2010 and by then, we'll perhaps have staff again. I won't bore you with more details, but I would like to share this incredibly superficial highlight:

I designed the invitation last September (event was originally scheduled for October 2008).


I got this dress in January 2009. (At Goodwill. Thanks, Dad!)



A couple of weeks before the event, I realized that I had, completely by accident, gotten an $8 dress to wear to this event that perfectly coordinated with the invitation and event program.
Right on!
And doesn't my date look nice?

1 comment:

Doc Mara said...

Yes, he DOES look nice. And so does your dress. And the program. :)